I love the start of the year because it let’s me work in my core strength – being strategic!
It gives me the opportunity to create my annual strategy and plan, and share my tools with you, so that you can set your year off with intention and focus.
This is the exact annual strategy process I follow every year.
step 1: review of your prior year goals
- What went well?
- How did things not go to plan?
- What did you learn?
- Where do you need to make changes?
All in all, last year was a really tough for me, in so many ways. You can read more about how things went down here.
step 2: assess how the year went
- 1o highlights of the year
- 10 disappointments
- 3 game changers
- 3 things you focused on
- and 3 things you forget
- finally your reflections
step 3: review your personal & business finances
- how much did you spend?
- how much did you earn?
- where did you earn it from?
- what is the gap towards your dream lifestyle?
You need to keep track throughout the year to make this easier for you!
Also, review how much your dream lifestyle costs – the one that lets me spend without worry while also contributing to future goals like a land or retirement. And while there is certainly a gap between where I want to be and where I am now, knowing what that gap looks like helps me to figure out how to plug it.
Ultimately when you know how much you need to earn, you know how much you need to sell.
step 4: set your intentions for the year ahead
- How will you invest in your health and wellbeing this year?
- Where in your life will you create better boundaries this year? How?
- Who do you need to hire this year to help you in my businesss?
- Who else is around to help you (peers, colleagues, friends, etc.)?
- Which marketing channel will you focus on developing this year?
- What’s the main product / service you’ll focus on developing and scaling this year?
- Which of your business functions will you make more efficient and streamlined this year?
- Which recurring problem will you find a solution to?
- What are your top three financial priorities?
- What will you become known for this year?
From there, chose a few intentions – areas that you want to focus on this year in my business.
For me those include:
- Striking a balance between work and mom life
- Bringing a group VIP Experience to more business owners
- Rebuilding my financial safety net
step 5: choose a word to guide you
2023 is a year where a new version of me must emerge. Not only do I want to get my business back on track after a lacklusting year, but I also want to be a present and loving mama to my baby.
The word I chose to guide me throughout 2023 is ‘REBIRTH’.
step 6: create a detailed annual strategy and plan
Once you decide what you want to focus on during the year, you’ll want to create a detailed plan to keep you focused. But your plan needs to remain somewhat flexible. So I like to do a quarter at a time.
My Q1 planning includes training my nanny and my baby so I can work a few hours every morning and developing launch plans for my group VIP Experience and the next cohort of Simplicity. (To learn more about these programs and how they can transform your business, book a free consultation here.)
I have to consider my content themes and objectives, a content calendar for my blog and Instagram, and advertising schedules. Plus all the small and big tasks that go into making these programs happen.
over to you
What word have you chosen for the year ahead? Let us know in the comments below.
Leave a Reply