Your money mindset is the ultimate make or break when it comes to financial matters.
A few weeks ago, I came across an interview featuring author Robert Kiyosaki. He talked about his book ‘Rich Dad, Poor Dad’ where he mentions the attitude we absorb about money is passed on from our parents.
Basically, how we think about money is a result of financial situations and financial literacy we’ve seen in the homes we’ve grown up in.
And often times, these thoughts aren’t exactly positive.
But how can you switch up your money mindset to positive? Here are four simple ways to do so.
1. shift your thoughts about money
Money isn’t and doesn’t have to be complicated. You need to figure out what you want for your life and your business.
- How much does your life cost on a monthly basis? Think about your fixed bills. This is the amount you have to earn monthly in order to pay your bills.
- Second, what other expenses do you incur for your lifestyle? This is where you focus on your business: from your product or service, to your client, to your pricing. Once you set a price, stick to it.
- Finally, transition from the “I can’t afford that” mindset to “How can I afford it?” This way, you think about a way forward rather than limiting yourself and your options.
2. invest in programs that will help you improve your business
The best way to improve is by learning.
Invest in yourself, or if you need additional support in the day to day of your business, invest in an employee – even if it’s on a part-time basis.
In a matter of time, you will see that the investment has paid off.
3. do away with the scarcity mentality
Sadly, financial literacy isn’t taught in school.
And when we find ourselves in a financial fix, we get into the mindset of doing away with so many things to the point of constricting ourselves of even the basic forms of self care.
Our businesses will never support us if we live in this mentality. The more we tell ourselves we don’t need, the longer it will take our business to grow.
4. be willing to go out and ask for business
If you really want to go out and get money, you can do it.
Go out and look for potential clients, or follow up on people who initially showed interest in your business. Offer something people want to buy.
changing your money mindset doesn’t need to be complicated
Shifting your money mindset to become more positive is the first step towards reaching your financial goals, whatever they may be.
But I know that many business owners lack confidence when it comes to money matters.
So if you want to move into a space where you continue to feel more confident about finances, sign up for my FREE Masterclass on Money Matters.
I’ll be teaching you how NOT to go broke in business. Register here.